Sunday, June 22, 2008

Long Walk

So tonight when I left the office I didn't feel like taking a subway home so I decided to start walking. I walked for a really long time and got to Central Park. I decided it would be cool to see how long the park really is, so I walked all the way along the park. That's from 59th street to 110th street. It was actually really nice to walk up there. You can tell that the apartments on the west side of the park are occupied by really rich people.

So it was really crazy because as soon as I crossed 110th street at the top of the park, it was like walking into a totally different world. Everything was dirty and run down and I was a minority. It was crazy how quickly things changed.

All in all I walked about 100 blocks. I didn't make it all the way to 142nd where I live, because after a while things got really sketchy and a guy started following me so I just got on the subway at 112th street. It was like 11:30 at night and I didn't want to take any chances.

The lease on my apartment is up June 30th so that means I'll have to be leaving and going to a new apartment. I think it will be kind of a pain to have to move right in the middle of my internship, but since I'm only paying $350 a month in rent, I can't complain.

No comments: